On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, October 28, 2011

NaNoWriMo Is Coming!

NaNoWriMo is Coming! National Novel Writing Month is NOVEMBER. Before that I need to clean up all my out-of-sequence writing on Heart Secret so I can start writing new words and scenes midnight November 1 -- Halloween/Samhain.

Genista Furze's story in the collection Hearts And Swords, Heart and Soul, is set during Halloween/Samhain...and the Clover story is set during Yule. I did the latter when I understood that the book would be coming out in December.

As for Heart and Sword -- well, it is the Original Celtan holiday, Discovery Day, and Heart Story takes place in the spring....

In any event, unlike most NaNo'ers I work on a book that is usually started, in that way, I break the rules. I did a lot of Heart Search last November.

So I'd better stop nattering here and get back to work, especially since Halloween Critique is tomorrow.

As always, may you enjoy whatever worlds you visit today.
Robin

2 Comments:

Blogger Janice Seagraves said...

Hi Robin,

Naughty-naughty, your supposed to start with a brand new story. But I understand that the nano can be used to booster your own word count and inspire you to write.

This will be the sixth year in a row that I've done the nano. I've won the last five so I'm reasonably sure that I will this year too.

I'm Lady Jan if you want to friend me.

Janice~

12:46 PM  
Blogger Silver Phoenix said...

I always start NaNo, but never finish. I'm not sure why.

I'll (of course) be trying again this year, maybe I'll have better luck?

1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]