On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, February 02, 2009

Inspiration Point Park

2/2/09 approx 12:15 Inspiration Point Park, Denver

Photobucket

Also Skyline Park in Road of Adventure.

May what you see inspire you.
Robin

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely pictures! Thanks

I found this link about handfasting
maybe you'll find it interesting
www.handfasting.info/histanglo.html

Looking at different European customs I found that the "bride price" - I think called "arrah" by the Vikings - appears in the Spanish wedding ceremony when the groom gives 13 coins to the father of the bride ... this custom is called giving the "arras".. coincidence?
To be honest, all those customs that look romantic, when researched are just horrible! Like the father giving away his daughter!
Looking forward to the next Celta installment

4:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your picture speaks to why I continue to live in Colorado. I enjoyed Echoes and I too await your next Celta book.

8:36 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Anon. Thanks for the site, I've bookmarked it, along with another couple I found.

Ruth, thanks. The mountain is Mount Evans which always speaks to me because in high school class I could look out at it...esp. during tests. The foothills had a dusting of snow so all was blue and white.

Take care,
Robin

8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]