On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

A Word On Promotion

Image hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by Photobucket As a Luna author, I am encouraged to answer questions on Luna Discussion Board the month that my book is spotlighted (that starts TODAY), and to keep up with my other, current message list...Summoned to Chat with Robin D. Owens...I have a feeling someone has alread grabbed the hot #1 on my monthly board.

Since Sorceress of Faith was the Luna book club book, some folks (including excellent author, Gail Dayton whose March book which I've already read -- The Barbed Rose is out next month) have already read the book.

So if you want to drop by, great...but PUBLISHING is all about promotion. Really. The best thing you can do for your Writing and Publishing Career is to write the best book you can.

But the way to keep a writing career going AFTER you write the best book you can is to promote. And sometimes promoting is much easier than writing, so it can eat up your time.

Yes, I'm revved today. How can you tell? ;)

May you be immersed in your writing today.
Robin

1 Comments:

Blogger moonhart said...

Well guess who grabbed that post #1 on the LUNA board? And who just left you a question (in white)?

;)

terri

3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]