On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, January 30, 2006

ISBN EANs

Image hosting by PhotobucketThese are the numbers (like Social Security numbers) that your book is known by. ISBNs recently moved to longer numbers...well, while surfing I found HeartMate's new number!

Title: Heartmate
Author: Robin D. Owens
ISBN: 0425212408
EAN: 9780425212400
352 Pages
Publisher: Berkley Publishing Group
Binding: Mass Market Paperback
Publication date: 2006-08

Actually figuring out the ISBN the first time around was one of those New Author "DUH" moments. A reviewer asked for the ISBN. I didn't think I had it. A few days later I looked at the cover flat of HeartMate and DUH! There it was. I simply was too new to realize I could look there...**blushing**

I had quite a few DUH! moments as a first time author...And actually, superstition wise, the new number doesn't have as many of "my" numbers that the old one did. AND, BTW, I still know my old HeartMate number by heart 0-515-13289-6. Just put it down, no peeking! Well, there was a long time when I only had one book out so I focused (obsessed) on it...

May you be positively CLEVER today.
Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]