On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday, September 02, 2015

News

News. The Random House/Penguin merger took a while to impact my career but it has. I will be doing one more Heart book, FOR NOW. We will renegotiate in 2017. Yes, 2017. Due to the delay in contract negotiations, my next book will be out in 2017. It WILL be Vinni's and Avellana's book. After that, I don't know.

HOWEVER! I AM COMMITTED TO PUTTING OUT TWO HEART NOVELLAS NEXT YEAR! ONE WILL BE LOST HEART FEATURING BARTON CLOVER AND ENATA LICORICE ALONG WITH A SURPRISING NEW CHARACTER!

THE SECOND WILL BE THE ACTOR JOHNS (ST. JOHNSWORTH) FROM HEART LEGACY. HE WILL HAVE A HEALER HEARTMATE.

So, what I'd like from you: 1) Title for the 2nd Heart novella, featuring St. Johns and a Healer.

2) Title for Vinni and Avellana's story.

Thank you all for your support.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Healing Heart" for Johns

6:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Would love some match making by Saille

11:26 AM  
Blogger Crafter Jane said...

ack... LONG wait for Vinni and Avellana :( .
Hope the merged company has the smarts to sign you up for many more!
By the way, I was looking for Song of Marway (just re-read all the Summoning books) & can't find it. Is it still available somewhere?

3:36 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

I found the Song of Marwey, here: http://bit.ly/1QkcEmt

I do, of course, have the rough draft of this, the several revisions and the final, if it ever goes away...but this was a straight sale, so I don't own it.

9:23 AM  
Blogger Crafter Jane said...

Thanks, Robin! Broken links had kept me from finding it. Love your work... enough to have both paper & e-copies of most :) .

1:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heart Life for Avellana and Vinni
Another vote for Healing Heart!

9:15 PM  
Blogger emilye said...

Hmm. May I suggest "Heart Script" for the novella - I thought of the play on words script for an actor and script as a short for prescription for the healer...

Vinnie and Avellana - squee! can't wait total fangrrl moment - would you consider "Heart Sight"? They both have insight gifts for their flair...

11:17 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

I really want to do a ____ Heart. Emilye, I always heard the prescription as "scrip" not "script." I am thinking of Script of the Heart.

4:25 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Emilye, I've decided to take your advice and currently the novella is titled: Script of the Heart. I don't know if you are on pinterest or want to be, but I have a few pics set up there (6) for the novella. :)

https://www.pinterest.com/robindowens/script-of-the-heart-a-celta-novella/

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]