On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Home Work Clothes

I went out and bought new "work" clothes. I like really roomie sweats and Minnie Mouse is looking REALLY bad with all those tea/car grease/black stains on her. The blue CO shirt ditto, except, of course, it has some sort of white stuff. Not to mention my fav nubby shirt that now has extreme holes.

I dress in layers in the winter, t-shirt (or other) next to the skin, turtleneck, then big, floppy shirt. Since I have a heated waterbed, with drawers, they are usually fairly warm when I get up.

So, to the thrift store. And I found cashmere sweaters for against my skin! True, they had a couple of tiny holes which, if mended, would show the mending, but, like, who cares? At $9.99 and $6.99, bargains! Are they real cashmere? Don't know, but they say so and do feel nice.

Got a couple of interesting sweat shirts, a Rocky Mountain National Park one, and some local city-government sports team (Longmont, I think).

So I am feeling very fashionable. And the new green RMNP shirt doesn't have any stains on it yet....

May you enjoy your appearance today.
Robin

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger TexasRed said...

Ooohhh... I love the idea of cashmere as a special find. I've just changed from office work to work-at-home and am still getting used to the change in "work wardrobe."

7:57 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Yes. I got the idea from a sweater I inherited from my grandmother. I HATED the color of that sweater, but it was cashmere, so on it went.

Robin

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]