On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, August 19, 2005

August Free Your Artist Exercises -- Website Update

It's up! At Access Romance, but really http://www.robindowens.com

Free Your Artist: Exercises deal with the ocean this month.
Fun links: Surf's Up in California -- daily surf monitor.
I think everyone will like my Surprise -- I look at it often myself.

Worlds/Heart Choice Page: A pic of the front of T'Blackthorn's Residence (Cliveden) that I took myself.

Contest: An excerpt (not in my other excerpts) from Road of Adventure in What Dreams May Come highlights my give-away of a Kirks Folly goldtone angel cat charm.

Appearances: Scroll WAY down to the bottom of the Home page and you'll see where I'll be, like tomorrow.

Links: At her request, I've updated my friend Linnea Sinclair's site...

I think that's it. I was a little late this month due to RWA and the copy edits of Sorceress of Faith, a lot late due to the move of servers. The fun Durius java on my home page made it over fine. WHEW!

Love to all,
Robin

2 Comments:

Blogger Michele said...

I'll be checking out your new links. Thanks for sharing with us!!

I've already blogged to Deidre about this. I want to ask you the same question.

I haven't noticed it on your blog yet...but I have to stress "yet".
I refer to Blog Spam.
I was checking out MaryJanice Davidson's blog and I saw what can only be described as Blog Spam.
If I am correct, this concerns me.
Your blog especially has been an inspiration for me. Your insights, comments and topics are always fascinating and mentally rewarding.
It pains me to think if/(when-heaven forbid) this problem gets out of hand, the OOTB may not be as it was.
Question: Have you heard of this happening? Do you have any thoughts about this or advice or avoidance techniques????
I'm upset about this potential "invasion".
I look forward to your response.

6:06 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

I think OOBS has already had some spam which was removed. So far I haven't had any yet, but since I'm moving around on the web a lot, that might change. Here on blogspot, you can designate whether to accept comments, and whether to accept anonymous people making comments.

I do both, because I see this as interactive and if someone doesn't belong to blogspot and doesn't want to , but wants to write a comment, then I want to hear them. As long as they don't seriously trash my work in swear words I'm fine with anonymity.

Robin

6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]